[G4] G4 / iShuffle ?

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Wed Jan 24 08:49:00 PST 2007

Dan A Currie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bought my daughter an iShuffle and attached it to my G4 MDD using a
> USB cord.  This worked fine for uploading songs but the battery did not
> charge.  When I plugged it directly in to the USB port it charged just
> fine.
>
> Comments?
>
> Dan Currie

Yes.
The first sentence indicates, to me, an MDD owner, that you attached it
to the USB port on the *back* of the MDD CPU?
The third sentence ~ it was plugged in where? The keyboard?
I can't answer your question, but it might make a difference which one
you used.

I've read that one needs a powered USB hub for devices that need a
decent amount of power form the port itsself. I don't kmnow if the USB
port on the back of the CPU is current limited or what, but early on I
found a powered hub (A/C power from the wall plug) was all I needed.

My wife recharges her Blackberry from my spare keyboard USB port, so
there's definitely some power there!

Make of that what you will, until we get someone in here that knows the
setups better than I do!  <g>

keith whaley