[G4] Re: DVR problem

Carol java_j at macosx.com
Sun Jan 28 08:55:40 PST 2007

Margaret Krakowiak wrote:
> Thank you all for your responses and suggestions!
>

> I do have an eject key - top right on the numbers keypad of my
> keyboard. This works to eject a disk, but again, it just opens and
> closes the drawer very quickly.

That seems odd.  My eject key opens the tray and it stays open.  I even
tried holding it down.  The tray stays open.  Now if I press the key
twice, the tray opens and immediately closes.  As someone mentioned,
that may be a keyboard problem.  Did the eject key function normally
before you swapped the optical drives?

Unfortunately there are not too many ways you can test this without
having a 2nd keyboard to try.

  I'm planning
> on keeping the old drive in there too. I'm wondering if I should just leave the
> old one at 9 and install X on the new, or install both 9 and X on the new drive.

There have been discussions on this in the past.  There was no
definitive answer.  I choose to install OS X on the new drive.  My logic
was that if I really messed up, I could wipe the drive and start all
over again, since I would have OS 9 on another disk.  Also, if one of
the hard drives went bad, I would still have an OS on the other drive.

Carol

Carol