[G4] Appleworks.

Jamie Pruden m3gunner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 2 12:11:04 PDT 2007

Hi Pat,

I just tried said procedure and it works fine on my MacBook Pro (Core
2 Duo, 2.33, 10.4.10)

It is possible that he's having some sort of problem with his prefs
file. I just took a look at mine:

~/Library/Preferences/AppleWorks/AppleWorks 6 Preferences

and it appears that the default font for WP is stored right after the
language preference.

Try deleting this file, relaunch AW, then see if he can change the
preferences and have it work when he creates a new document. If not,
he can open the Preferences file with TextEdit and look down into the
file until he sees "English", then a space, then the name of the font
that is the default for WP files. If it says Monaco and AW is still
opening with Helvetica, there's something else going on here...

smiles,
Jamie
(ClarisWorks Tech Support 1992-1995)