[G4] Re: nonexistent drive

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Wed Jul 4 08:41:16 PDT 2007

Well, I suspect that the ghost icon is a bug related to using that
large drive with the built-in controller. I'm also curious as to how
it happens exactly.

And the fact remains that I did not mention the video card because I
thought it had anything to do with the problem. I should hope that
it's already been made crystal clear, but just to sum it up, Roxylee
seemed to think that the Rage 128 WAS her drive controller. I
explained that it was not, and then commented that she just use the
best card available, as there's no point in not doing that. It
sounded like she'd already swapped the video card out once in an
effort to fix her drive. I figured maybe she'd put an older one into
the machine.

Eric