[G4] Combo drive recomendations?

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 11:42:26 PDT 2007

Thanks,

looks good but I'm reminded of a question I had:

" The DVR-112D includes Regional Playback Control (RPC
Phase II Mode). Region changes can be made up to
five(5) times including the initial setting. Be aware
that the fifth(5th) change will be PERMANENT.
Therefore, please use caution when changing the region
code on the DVR-112D The method of changing the region
code number may vary on the decoder or operating
system used."

Is it possible to either buy a "regionless" DVD or is
there a hack to get around this? I have both US and UK
dvd's and it would be really nice to be able to play
both. The above statement indicates that the
restriction is firmware based.

John

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/optical-drives/superdrives/powermac/