[G4] A fond hello

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Fri Jun 15 00:15:00 PDT 2007

Eric here. I've just joined the list and want to say hello. I have a G4
"digital audio" model with an OWC G4 1.6 GHz dual upgrade, a Radeon 9800
card, 1.5 gigs of RAM and Fedora Linux 7. Oh, and a third-party keyboard
that manages to be incompatible with this particular model's Open
Firmware (can't hold "c" to boot a CD, so on).

In fact, if anyone has questions about using Linux on a G4, I may be
able to provide information. I can say right off that with the upgrades,
the system is a screamer. Oh, I upgraded to an LG branded LightScribe
DVD burner drive and OS X was hanging up with it due to an
incompatibility with Energy Saver. I had to disable drive sleep. Linux
hasn't had that issue, however.

OK, that's all for now.