[G4] A fond hello

SKYGRAM skygram at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:09:15 PDT 2007

Eric,

It is a good rant. I too am playing around with Linux Ubuntu 7.0.4. I
use it on an old PC and it is an amazing transformation. It is a
steady OS. However it has many drawbacks over the Mac OS-X. I could go
into it in greater detail. However what I have learned about Linux is
how much of it's many features exists in OS-X. I also can see where
OS-X is heading to some degree.

On points I always return to my Mac with Tiger as good as that old PC
may be it still has it's snags. My Mac G4 is like an old 1950's eight
cylinder gas guzzling, fin-winged highway cruser. Possibly a 1957
Cadillac Eldorado. A red one.

I just like to sit back and let the damn thing drive itself.

Bill