[G4] Tiger and upgrades

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Sun Jun 17 08:59:47 PDT 2007

Hi Perry,

I can guarantee that a properly installed upgrade (as I'm certain yours
is) will not have an issue with Mac OS X. I believe the only truly
incompatible upgrades are pre-G3 systems upgraded with G3 or G4
upgrades. Apple likely doesn't "support" the use of third-party upgrades
in newer Macs, but the software will run with them.

I have a Mac Mini system disc (10.3) that doesn't want to boot with
anything else either, and at this time my Mini is dead. It's a shame I
can't use my licensed OS and iApps on another system - this OEM system
disc nonsense can truly be frustrating. I have two copies of Tiger at
the moment, if I can locate them both. One I got before the Mini retail,
the other was bundled with it at Best Buy, who decided to take a short
break from their PC-onlyness, just as they'd done when I got my bondi
blue iMac.

Eric