[G4] Tiger and upgrades

Patrick J. Runcie macandlinuxuser at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 13:38:58 PDT 2007

It should work.  Last year I upgraded my Quicksilver from a 733MHz to
a Sonnet 1.4GHz, granted I was already running Tiger.  To play it
safe, back up your data files, then upgrade the OS.  If it does work,
try a fresh install of Tiger with the new processor.  I don't know
about your processor, but with the Sonnet there is a small patch that
had to be applied after the OS install so that the OS sees the
processor properly, in other words, it'd see the ram & cache but
wouldn't report the processor w/o this patch.

Patrick J. Runcie
macandlinuxuser at gmail.com