[G4] Trouble booting OS9 holding down option key

Harlow, Virginia (V.L.) vharlow at ford.com
Tue Jun 19 06:45:04 PDT 2007

I have two hard drives, one that runs OSX Panther and the other is
formatted to run OS9 in native mode.  In the past, I could hold down the
option key and be given a choice to boot from either hard drive.  I
would choose the OS9 drive and the computer would boot in OS9 where I
could run my OS9 programs much faster than using Classic.  One day, when
I restarted holding down the option key to boot on the OS9 drive, the
computer stalls, and I can't select either disk.  I need to do a force
quit.  Does anyone know what may have happened?

Virginia Harlow | Ford Motor Credit Company | Customer Relationship
Marketing Manager
vharlow at ford.com | Business Phone: 313.39.02936 | Cell: 586.945.8606 |
Fax: 313.322.7368
Visit the Payment Estimator