[G4] Re: English

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 19 15:22:51 PDT 2007

On 19-06-2007 23:08, Celia Lawton-Livingstone, lawli56 at hotmail.com, wrote:

>>> Sonst hab' ich nichts zu sagen :) Bis später!
>>
>> If you have nothing to say, why did you say it?
>
> ... and why did you answer?  LOL

Dear Listmembers, at least those posting about the subject "English",

1) Can anyone of you explain what this subject has to do with Apple's G4
computers??
2) Do you realize that nearly all of nearly 30 postings to THIS list in the
last 3 days were about this subject??
3) Do you realize that there are listmembers not being native English
users??
4) How many kinds of "official correct" English do we have in the world??
UK, US, Aus, Can, etc., etc.!! Besides the "Coal-English"-versions!!
5) So, seen 3) and 4), you may expect some "mistakes" in the postings!!
6) And this is completely unimportant as long as you do/want understand what
the poster is asking or saying.
7) Apart from the fact that some of the postings were nice and/or funny, I
strongly believe that these kinds of subjects do NOT belong to THIS list. So
why not taking them OffList??
8) So please, will you believe that this amount of non-G4 related stories on
this list is getting a NPITAATB.?!.?!

WBF, greetings from a sunny Amsterdam (NL),

Jo Hissel
Dutch, native, member of a Dutch Language Society.
German, nearly native.
English, you can criticize this posting.
French, fair well.