[G4] English?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Wed Jun 20 09:37:04 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

It may have been a "harmless diversion" (diversion Syn: Amusement;
entertainment; pastime; recreation; sport; game; play; solace;
merriment) for you however for the rest of us it was a exhibition of
some English Ph.D.. wannabes extolling (To elevate by praise; to
eulogize; to praise; to magnify; as, to extol virtue; to extol an act
or a person [1913 Webster]) their self importance. In other words
BRAGGING about what they have done in the past.

I find it hard to believe that they understand English, if they did
they would have read the guidelines of the lowendmac and understood
that the G4 forum is a place to discuss the Macintosh G4 and not to
rant on and on and on about what the know about the english language.

Quote from lowendmac;

Because of our "once removed" rule, occasional discussion of PCI Power
Macs and clones is acceptable but discouraged. Owners of other Macs are
encouraged to join the appropriate list from those listed on the right.

Be sure to read our guide to netiquette before posting to the list. If
you wish to discuss the list rules, please join LEMlists, our
'meta-list' for discussing the lists and their rules.

What I don't understand is why the listmom hasn't removed the
individuals from the list that insist on continuing this dialog. And as
it says "once removed" your gone. The posters that insist on continuing
this post also need to read the netiquette guidelines.

6.	Please keep "me too" messages off the list; these are best sent
privately, if at all.

All most all of the posting under the Subject [G4] English? fall into
the "me too," I want to brag about myself and see if you can top that.

That's my 2 cents and after I send this posting I will be activating
another "Rules" in my mail preferences to delete all mail that contain
the subject English. And that is a direct delete, so I will not be
bothered any longer by the self-proclaimed English professors.

Oh yeah, if I have offended the list I apologies and if I have made
mistakes in my grammar please feel free to criticize and submit
correction, as I won't see them because they will be going directly
into delete.

On Jun 20, 2007, at 8:54 AM, Dan A Currie wrote:

> Ron 'Hollywood' Parro wrote:
>
>> Isn't there some English forum y'all could go to so we could talk
>> about G4 Macs on this one?
>
> Yes, but it was a rather harmless diversion and provided a much needed
> release from the normal stuffiness of this list!!
>
> Oh well ... back to the grind!!
>
> Dan Currie

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC