[G4] Ethernet repair

Kathi Anderson kathialexis at cox.net
Wed Jun 20 21:57:05 PDT 2007

Replacing an internet card is probably easier than putting in ram. I like
this list and I use Small Dog, who I think is still one of our sponsors. Buy
an Asante PCI Ethernet Card for 12.99 and you can't go wrong for a Mac. It
works for me.
Kathi

Hello Howard,

I have two 3Com cards in my G4. I lost the built-in Ethernet to
lightning, myself. I'm not sure of which NICs work with OS X and
which don't, but I know that a Davicom NIC will not, and 3Com does,
at least in the case of the Boomerang and Cyclone cards. I expect
there may be more information about compatible cards at xlr8yourmac.com

Eric