[G4] Appleworks.

Pat Crowe crowesnest at aapt.net.au
Sat Jun 30 16:09:16 PDT 2007

My friend has an Intel Core Duo iMac and he has written to me with
this problem.

"When I open up Appleworks 6 to write a letter, the text ALWAYS
appears as Helvetica, a font I heartily dislike. I have repeatedly
gone into Appleworks preferences and changed the  font to Monaco,
then clicked  “MAKE DEFAULT”. But  as soon as I start typing,
Helvetica  comes up again like a bad smell, even though the
preference window shows Monaco.  If I type a few characters, then
SELECT them and change the font to Monaco, I can continue writing for
as long as I like and it will always be in Monaco. But start a new
letter, and back comes bloody Helvetica again. It’s as though the
MAKE DEFAULT is jammed on Helvetica and so my Monaco preference is
ignored."

Any suggestions gratefully received.
PatC.