[G4] Re: Mac Classic Environment

Celia Lawton-Livingstone lawli56 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:26:57 PST 2007

Hi,

I want you thank you all for the help you've given me.  I've now got
everything properly installed and even downloaded a few simple games to
play... sudoku, patience, mahjong, etc. I also plugged in mydigital camara
and donloaded some photos... so much easier using iphoto... no driver discs
to mess about with.  So I'm set up for a while.  Once I've found my way
around a bit more I'll take a look at the command Line in Mac as well.  I
will definately be visiting the forums and reading the info in the links
you've provided me with as well as hanging around here and annoying you with
silly questions occassionally. :)

Here in the UK I would estimate 90 - 95% of all computers are PCs.  In fact
until I got this one I had never actually seen a Mac in real life.  I had
always considered them an over-priced poor cousin of the PC, but then I was
judging them by PC standards... MS indoctrination? I now realise that Macs
are far more durable and long-lived than PCs and even the old ones are
pretty powerful compared to a PC of the same era (I definately need to know
more about the chip and motherboard architecture)... try running XP or Vista
on a 1999 built PC... huh, I think not!

As a CompTIA A+ Cetified PC technician my livelihood depends on my knowledge
of PCs, so switching entirely is not an option, but I would definately like
a newer Mac at some point and adding them to my repertoire certainly can't
hurt... and I have to say I think the AppleCare Technician's Training is
very well priced compared to MS, and I might just do it at a later date just
for my own interest.  I can imagine I'll end up as PCs for work but Mac for
fun.

And I'll report back what I think of the Switch 101.

Celia