[G4] Mar6.07_New to list_Like to ask a question

James Wilson james at overdrivedesign.com
Tue Mar 6 10:05:48 PST 2007

Hello:

I'm trying to set up a G4533 as a dedicated audio player. In another
life the machine ran well on Panther as an administrative machine
until recently when I decided to install Tiger. The machine has 768Mb
of RAM.

I took out the CD writer that the box came with and installed a DVD
writer so I could install Tiger straight from the install disk. The
install was successful but I cannot get the machine to boot off the
startup disk. (FYI: the disk is not partitioned). All I get is the
apple logo on a grey screen but no loading wheel. It hangs in
otherwords.

I've tried a couple of things.
- forced the machine to choose a startup disk by holding down option on startup
- zapped my PRAM
- removed the orange micro scsi card that was installed in the box
and tried to boot
- installed Tiger twice

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
James

--
Confidentiality Caution and Disclaimer
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity

James Wilson
Principal
Overdrive (Design Limited)
18 Hook Avenue, Suite 203