[G4] Problems installing OS 9

marco santos marcomayer1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 20:29:34 PDT 2007

Hello,

I hope somebody will be able to help me on thi matter
because I have been struggling over this for two
weeks.

My profile:

Powermac G4 AGP Graphic 450 Mhz (Sawtooth)
Running OS X Panther 10.3.9

I bought an processor upgrade for my computer @ OWC.
It's a Dual 1.0 Ghz. When I started the process to
install it, I got a message saying I had to upgrade my
firmware (now I don't remember to what version).

So, I borrowed an OS 9 original disk from a friend of
mine that owns an old imac, but I couldn't install it
on my computer. After I boot from the disk and after
OS 9 starts and loads all the drivers BUMMM , I don't
know what happens, the thing is the computer just
stops (not frozen). I can move the mouse, but I can't
go anywhere, there is no option on the screen for me
to access.

I heard that I have to use the original disk for
Powermac G4, so I got one from another friend that
owns a Quicksilver (G4 750 Mhz) and same thing
happened.

Now I don't know what to do. I went to Apple Store and
support guys told they don't sell it any more.

And, so far I couldn't install the processor upgrade I
bought, it's frustrating!

Need help...Please!

Thank you

and may God bless you