[G4] Tiger upgrade

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Sat May 5 14:27:11 PDT 2007

I had a similar problem after installing an SATA drive and OWC brand
PCI-SATA card in my G4. From what I could gather on the OWC website,
the G4 does not support setting the SATA drive as a boot drive, and
gets confused. OWC recommends using the 'option' key at startup to
then select the SATA drive for booting. I have found that if I have
no other internal drives available to boot from, it will find the
SATA drive after flashing the folder/question mark for a few seconds.

Hope this helps.

-Hal