[G4] Hardware review site?

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 10:29:15 PDT 2007

Richard,

I just bought one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817716028

Galaxy METAL GEAR 3500MGB-RAID/BLK Aluminum 2 x 3.5"
USB 2.0 & 1394 External Enclosure

It takes up to two SATA drives and will either make
them separately available or will RAID0 stripe them
together.

The thing I liked about this box is it has a fan and
good airflow over the drives. Also if you remove the
volume from the desktop, the drives are spun down.

I am using it with a G4 AGP via a Adaptec FireConnect
8300A PCI-X card which gives 2 FW800 and a FW400. This
is a great card for G4's because it is 64bit and
therefore at 33MHz offers the same throughput as a
more modern 32bit 66MHz bus!

I don't know what you need USB 2.0 for.

John