[G4] SCSI card in my G4?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Wed May 9 08:15:45 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

The information that Eric listed doesn't limit the device to a Adaptec
2906 SCSI card.
I have a Adaptec 2930 installed and the "System Profile" list the same
information.

Name:	ADPT,2930CU
   Type:	scsi
   Bus:	PCI
   Slot:	SLOT-D
   Vendor ID:	0x9004
   Device ID:	0x5078
   Subsystem Vendor ID:	0x9004
   Subsystem ID:	0x7850
   Revision ID:	0x0003

Above is the full listing for my PCI card, I think that Eric has left
something off of his posting.
However since Eric's card is located in Slot "B" the card name may not
be available.

On May 9, 2007, at 7:45 AM, Trinzitter Sanwick wrote:

> Yes, it's an Adaptec 2906 SCSI card.  If you're running OS X, you
> shouldn't need any drivers.
>
> - Tony
>
> On 9-May-07, at 9:13 AM, Eric Hall wrote:
>
>> I got my G4 from one of the used vendors on lowendmac. Being still
>> mostly new to Macs, I'm still figuring out what I have. In the system
>> profile, I see this:
>>
>> pci9004,7850:
>>
>>   Type:    SCSI Bus Controller
>>   Bus:    PCI
>>   Slot:    SLOT-B
>>   Vendor ID:    0x9004
>>   Device ID:    0x5078
>>   Subsystem Vendor ID:    0x9004
>>   Subsystem ID:    0x7850
>>   Revision ID:    0x0003
>>
>> Does this mean that there is a SCSI controller installed? I know
>> there is some kind of card there, but I'm not sure what it is. Is
>> there any way I can get more information from the system?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Eric

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC