[G4] Video Card Upgrade Question

Charles Lenington macsonly at brightok.net
Wed May 9 21:30:27 PDT 2007

snip-------

>> Can you give us a better description of what, exactly, is wrong with the
>> picture, though?  Is it blurry or distorted or snowy (that one's pretty
>> unlikely), or is video jerky?
>
> No distortion, but definitely not as crisp as I believe it should be--lines
> are not always clean, often jagged--some places (solid surfaces) seem to be
> moving in and out of focus, like when a video camera is trying to film a
> window that's giving it competing objects to focus on. In large swaths of
> color (sky, etc.) you can actually see soft, but definite pixilation.
>
> Two more bits of info: I cannot get text to appear cleanly; some jagged
> lines and very blurred, and even black text (like what I'm typing here) has
> a tint to it (red, green, blue). I've seen this kind of thing before when
> the resolution if off, but that's not the case here.
>
> Also, I've had an Acer AL2017 for the last couple of months, and had the
> same kinds of problems, so got rid of it. Could there be something in the G4
> itself that just doesn't like LCD screens?

By chance do you have a (table) fan, high intensity light or TV sitting
close to the monitor? If so turn it off and see if you are getting
interference. I try to keep an exterior fan on my computers since my
wife at our house and my mom at hers gripe about electric use, both
don't want me to run AC.

chuckle

chuckle