[G4] Powerlogix problem or Display card?

Patrick J. Runcie macandlinuxuser at gmail.com
Mon May 14 06:25:55 PDT 2007

Try re-seating the graphics card.  Take it out completely and put it
back in.  If that doesn't work, borrow another graphic card and use
it.  That'll probably tell you if it's the graphics card.  The reason
I said probably is if you still have the problem, even with another
card, swap monitors.  It's remote, but it also could be the monitor
going south on you.

On May 14, 2007, at 9:12 AM, Thomas J. Fobia wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>     I have recently been getting a verticle screen (as my computer
> locks up) and can only recover by rebooting! Its happened with
> several programs (Netscape, Safari, PSCS2, ect.) Im using a
> powerlogix 1.6Ghz with 1.75 GB ram. The display card is a ATI 8500.
> Anybody run across this problem before? Here the link to a photo of
> my Dell Monitor screen! :
>
>  http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r91/tom578/100_2102sm.jpg
>
> Any suggestion would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks