[G4] upgrade problem - can't boot to new system

Margaret Krakowiak imago at bellsouth.net
Tue May 15 10:28:12 PDT 2007

Thanks for the replies to my problem.

Brian, I was thinking of trying to reinstall, haven't
done that yet.

And Harry, I was wondering about the drive's location
maybe affecting things. I'm on a G4 450 DP, gig ethernet.
The difference is it's not installed on the second drive,
but the *third*, that I recently installed to make the move
to X. It's a 250 gig ATA drive (not SATA), and I had to get
a PCI controller card to be able to see/use all the space.
(I know someone else was having problems with a SATA drive
and controller card, on boot getting a question mark.)

And the thing is, this new drive was seen and booted up fine
in 10.2.8, so I don't know why there should be problems now.
I'm not sure if I can go backwards, the old archived system can't
be used to boot, and I don't want to step back anyway if I can help
it.

margaret