[G4] APC Powerchute software!

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Fri May 18 09:04:40 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Tom the powerchute software should allow you to set the platform to do
an automatic shutdown when ever it detects a power loss. That way if
your on a run to Starbucks and can not respond to the power loss at
your home (or wherever you Mac is located) then it will do an orderly
shutdown without any intervention.

It's always best that an orderly shutdown be done rather than just
pulling the plug. If you use this feature it's best that you don't
leave open any application that will not respond to the "kill -9"
command.

On May 18, 2007, at 8:10 AM, Thomas J. Fobia wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have just purchased an APC 600va/360 Watt Battery Backup for use
> with my G4 w/upgrade powerlogix 1.8Ghz processor. Is anyone familiar
> with this APC "PowerChute" Software? The instructions for using the
> Power backup are simple enough, why would I want to monitor this unit
> with this software? It obviously works (the backup unit) without
> connecting it to my USB port so "Must I use this software/USB
> connection"? Thanks for your insight into this matter!
>
> Tom

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC