[G4] Startup chime but no dice!

Daile Engle macguy47 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:51:41 PST 2007

Next?...  ok, now that I've come to the conclusion that it's the
logic board, where to find one? and which one? I'd like the 166mhz
system bus and 2 mb level 3 cache... (as close to the original specs
as possible) is there a number on the board that's in it now that I
can give to identify the exact board I need?  Jeff
On Nov 6, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Jay E. Krauss Jr wrote:

> Jeff,
> 	You only need the keyboard attached to the MDD while actually
> booting, so you could disconnect your keyboard from the G5, attach
> it to the MDD, boot the MDD into Firewire Target, then disconnect
> the keyboard from the MDD and reattach to the G5. Since you don't
> have "video out" from the MDD, you will not be able to tell by
> seeing the Firewire symbol on your MDD attached monitor when the
> process has occurred; however, it has been my experience that the
> process occurs fairly quickly, so if you boot the MDD and keep the
> "T" button depressed for a minute, that should be more than enough
> time for the process to occur (providing it does at all).
> Jay

Jeff & (my wife)Daile Engle
Kamiah, Idaho 83536
macguy47 at gmail.com

PowerMac G5 1.8 Single (wefixmacs build) 3 gb ram,(1) 160gbhd, (1)
400gbhd, APC 1200 ups, canon 8600f scanner, Brother HL1440 printer,
Dell e228wfp monitor

Recently acquired: G4 MDD Dual 1.25 (2003) with problems :-)