[G4] Quicksilver Upgrade

Richard Northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Thu Nov 8 20:04:33 PST 2007

Hi Guys/Gals,

I have a Quicksilver 2001 ( 733Mhz, 1.25 Gbyte, several drives). I am
thinking that I want to run Leopard but need to pick up the CPU speed.

I have looked at several sites for these upgrades. However they offer
different sized cache and memories. I am really confused.

Please help me out;

a) Does Leopard use a dual processor?? I don't mean will the various apps
take advantage of the dual, does Leopard itself use it? i.e. will my system
run better with a dual?

b) What size L2 and L3 cache do I want?

c) Vendor  -- Sonnet, OMC, etc  Which vendor?  What is the best upgrade ?

d) Do I need to upgrade my video from what came with my Quicksilver? And if
I do, what is the best?

Thanks much for your help,

Rich

Checked by AVG Free Edition.