[G4] G4 APG graphics CPU upgrade

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 18:15:39 PST 2007

Well I should make it clear that OS 9 does NOT use
both cpu. When first introduced the duals were only an
advantage when you used dual cpu aware applications.
Photoshop and Protools etc. There used to be a lot of
discussion about dual v's a faster single. That will
still be the case.

However OSX does use both processors and so two will
always be a benefit. You can turn on activity monitor
and see the load on both cpu's as they share the
tasks.

A dual 500 just sold on eBay for around $36!