[G4] Sluggish Leopard Performance

Bill Scott wscott at optonline.net
Sun Nov 11 06:36:39 PST 2007

I am experiencing sluggish performance from my 933 mhz G4 since I
upgraded.  Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  Leopard has
finished indexing my hard drive, but still I am using all of my CPU
is being used by User, instead of 3-10%, as with 10.4  (By sluggish I
mean the mouse movement is not smooth and folders take longer to open
than they used to.  Start-up takes more than a minute.)

Any suggestions? Would additonal memory make a difference?  Or do I
have to upgrade the CPU too?

Bill