[G4] Hard drive installation problem

Kenneth Smith kdorpat at suddenlink.net
Fri Nov 23 17:19:39 PST 2007

Thanks Ronald,

My G4 was a build-to-order purchase with two 180 GB drives so that i
can do media projects.  After I installed the new 750 GB drive and
made it my system drive, I used Disk Utility to erase and format the
old 180 GB system drive, but saw no need to do anything to the other
one for which I only used to store media. Although I have already
erased and formatted the old system drive in the manner you suggest,
it has not changed the 28 GB limitation.  Can you think of anything
else I did or didn't do that would diminish the available disk space,
and anything else that I might try to restore the full disk space?

Floy