[G4] SATA/eSATA PCI controller

Charles Williams chux at aapt.net.au
Thu Oct 4 22:59:49 PDT 2007

Hi Chaps,

I would like  to install two 500GB SATA drives in a RAID1 set-up
using OSX's software RAID. I understand that OSX's software RAID1
solution is somewhat slower than a hardware card, but the difference
in speed between a SATA RAID1 software implementation and a single
(P)ATA  drive on the native bus should still fall in favour of the
SATA drives, right?

I have a few questions.

Can I boot from the SATA drive/ PCI controller?

Can I get a SATA PCI card that will support 2 internal SATA drives
and 1 eSATA drive?

What should I get?

Regards,

Charles

--

"The question is", said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so
many different things."