[G4] Start up Chime

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 15:51:42 PDT 2007

*
Hi!

One step better than a PRAM reset is this:

Hold down "Command-Option OF" when starting up.  This puts the Mac =20
into "open firmware" mode.

type:  reset-nvram (CR)   [nvram =3D non-volatile RAM}
           reset-all       (CR)

(CR) =3D carriage return

You may have to repeat this twice.

This should turn on the startup chime and perhaps fix some other =20
glitches.

NOTE:  Command-Option PR resets PRAM
              Command-Option OF resets NVRAM
              Command-Option S opens in "single-user" mode

Good luck!

earle
*