[G4] Swapping SCSI to IDE in G4 Sawtooth-HELP!

Jim S jimroom at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 16:19:39 PDT 2007

Hello all,
 I was wondering if anyone would know how to swap out a SCSI hard drive with
an IDE. The issue is that the connector and ribbon is different for a SCSI
drive than it is for a IDE drive. At the moment there is a SCSI card that
the 2 internal Hard drives are connected to.
How do I change the ribbon/connectors and where, so that I can install the
new IDE drive?

Is there any documentation on this?  Any how to's? Visual guides? Anything
that will help me.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

I'd like to solve this problem before the hard drives fail.

Thank you for your time.

Jim