[G4] Adding a Western Digital 160HD

Joe glynn696 at aol.com
Sun Oct 7 10:31:32 PDT 2007

I have a Power Mac G4 (Quick silver?) with Dual 1 Gig, a Seagate Barracuda ATA IV Model ST380021A 80 Gbytes Harddrive. The Pin configuration on this drive only has 8 pins the jumper in in the 7,8 slot if the 1,2 is closest to the power cord and 7,8 farthest from Power cord.
Question One:
 When I install the Western Digital 160 HD as the slave it looks as if the pin configuration on the WD should be in the 3,4 spot. Do I need to take out the jumper in the 1,2 position? Do I need to change the Seagate pin positions from 7,8?

Question Two:
When I start up the computer and put in 10.4 and go to Disk Utility and get info on my 80HD (Master ID=0) and 160HD (Slave ID=1) is that what it should say? Do I need to check this before formatting the new drive?
Thanks for the help,
Joe Glynn