[G4] Re: Start up Chime

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 8 05:59:21 PDT 2007

Harry Freeman wrote:
> Greetings ( + )!( + )
>
> As best that I know the start-up chime comes after of the memory has
> been checked and passed.

Hi Harry, Yes, I understand that, but TTP 4.0 has passed all my RAM as
peachy-keen, and still no chime.

keith

> On Oct 7, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 13:20:49 -0700, keith_w wrote:
>>
>>> I don't GET a start-up chime anymore.

>> It means the Power-On Self-Test has failed the computer's pre-boot
>> sequence.

While that may be true, Tom, there seems to be no OTHER adverse effects from
not hearing a chime...

>> If you can't pass the POST, I don't think you can get to the
>> terminal to do any of the suggested resets.

I wouldn't know how to do that anyhow!  ;-)
If it becomes necessary, I'll look it up.

>> In my case (dual 1.25, pre-2003), it meant the mobo was fryed. :-(

Uh oh! Bad mobo!
Aren't you worried?

keith