[G4] Re: WInd Tunnel Getting Louder

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:04:04 PDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Doug McNutt <douglist at macnauchtan.com> wrote:

> I did discover that the fan on my AGP video board could be lubricated. One can carefully peel of the sticky paper cover over the bearing and hit it with a quarter of a drop of watch oil. The fix lasts about a year and needs to be done again.

Inga,
   Arctic Silver has good instructions for applying heat sink paste on
their website:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/instructions.htm

Doug,
   I think you just got lucky with oil on your fan.  Computer fans are
not meant to be lubricated, and when the oil doesn't short things out,
it usually gums things up and attracts dirt.

--
Rich