[G4] Adding a Western Digital 160HD

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Oct 9 00:02:23 PDT 2007

On 8 Oct, 2007, at 20:40, Glynn696 at aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for all the help, but some how my HD sees 148.91GB when I
> hit the info button, I tried putting a few files over and it works
> too.

That's because your particular Mac is natively capable of seeing
drives that are larger than 128Gb. Some of the earlier G4s cannot see
large capacity drives in totality and will report a large drive as
having only 128Gb capacity.

You can download the program "MacTracker" and read the detailed
information on each model of G4 to see which models will be able to
use larger drives.