[G4] Re: G4 Digital Audio video no show

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon Oct 15 11:50:55 PDT 2007

On 13 Oct, 2007, at 16:16, Lee Strosch wrote:

>   I tried the PCI video card from my G3, but there was still no
> picture.  I have zapped the PRAM, and tried a different battery.
> Any other suggestions?
This may sound very elementary but, have you tried using totally
different RAM chips in your Mac? I ask this because it is common for
a Mac to refuse to boot and show a video signal when the installed
RAM chips are not compatible with a Mac.

When you start the Mac, do you hear the normal startup chime, or do
you hear a discordant series of individual notes or a beeping sound?
Is there any sound at all when you press the power button? You may
have a RAM problem and not a video problem.