[G4] Apple certified SDRAM?

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 06:11:28 PDT 2007

PC133 ram is faster than you require, so even if the
cheap ram is marginal to PC133, it should still be
fast enough for your G4. It must not be registered ram
though (which was used in servers and often sells
cheap).

That's the advantage to being at the tail end of the
technology curve :-)

I would suggest downloading a ram testing s/w package
to test the ram when installed. Ram problems can be
very subtle and hard to diagnose. Having the ability
to test the installed ram will put your mind at ease.

If you can get 1Gb, you will be pleased.

John

--- Fast Primes <fast_primes at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have an old G4 and I need to up it's paltry 384meg
> of PC100 ram. There are some people on ebay selling
> some fairly cheap PC133 SDRAM for around $25 per 512
> stick and what they call "Apple certified" PC133
> SDRAM for about $40 per stick. Is there any real
> difference?
>
> Thanks.
>
> FP

G4 or not to G4? That is the question.