[G4] Prepping for the next OS X (10.5)

Rick Ramsowr r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 23 21:02:16 PDT 2007

Thanks for the feedback...

Rich

On Oct 23, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Richard Klein wrote:

On 10/23/07, Rick Ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>  I'm looking to upgrade my CPU in my QuickSilver (2001) from a 733
> MHz to something... as well as my video card.
>
> Q1 Will CPU from a QuickSilver (2..2) i.e. a 1.25 MHz work in my
> older QuickSilver?
>
> Q2 Also thinking about using a third party solution such as a 1.6 MHz
> or a 1.8MHz both with large 2GB L3 catches.
>
> Q3 Any through on which third party CPU provider is the best and
> easiest to install?
>
> Q4 As far as the video card I was thing about a 64 GB card or maybe a
> 128 GB card
>
> Q5 Any through on which third party video card provider is the best
> and easiest to install?

I bought the Radeon 9800 Pro that's in my QuickSilver 2002 off eBay
from this guy:
http://myworld.ebay.com/retek

I bought it in July '06.  The fan was a little noisy for about the
first 30 seconds, but has been fine ever since, and I leave the
computer running 24/7.

I don't know the answer for your processor.  I would think that you
could use any processor that was available in a new QuickSilver or QS
2002, but I don't know that.  If I were to buy an aftermarket
processor I'd want a Sonnet, but I've never used one.

--
Rich