[G4] Target Disk Mode

Eric Buczynski emaxxx4 at warpmail.net
Wed Oct 24 13:52:11 PDT 2007

Make sure the firewire cable is disengaged from the back of both Macs
when you restart. When you attempted to reboot with the install disk,
did you hold down the "C" key as it was booting up?

What you can also do is press the restart (not the power) button on
the front of the Mac.

Eric

On Oct 23, 2007, at 10:29 PM, g4-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Subject: [G4] Target Disk Mode

While attempting (unsuccessfully) to transfer files
from my G4 to a new iMac, I put the G4 in the Target
Disk Mode. Pogue's Mac OS X - Tiger Edition states
that you can restart the computer that is in Target
Disk Mode and it will startup on its own copy of Mac
OS. No dice - I am hung with the dancing yellow
FireWire icon.

Tried to restart with the install disk - no go.
Unplugged the G4 and restarted no go. What next?

Joe P. Alley