[G4] Prepping for the next OS X (10.5)

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 10:44:54 PDT 2007

For what it's worth (and it's expensive), I upgraded my QS2002 (800MHz) with a Sonnet Dual 1.8 GHz processor.  I had to boot into OS9 to do the software (firmware?) install, but it gave the machine a super speed boost.  It's pricey ($600 from Other World Computing), but I like to keep things that still work.  Lately I lost a hard drive and added a SATA PCI card and 750GB SATA hard drive which I broke up into 4 partitions. It runs even faster now.  The RAM is maxed out at 1.5GB.  I'm just wondering how much longer it will be supported by Apple...

I'm still using the stock video card.

Nate

From: Frank Sudore <fsudore at mac.com>