[G4] Browsers--Firefox, etc?

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 13:18:41 PDT 2007

FF,

M$ stopped supporting Mac versions of Exploder a long
time ago. Why should they when Apple have Safari?

I think Safari seems fast, but is not always
compatible with some websites. For a while I was using
it but, now I use Firefox (currently 2.0.0.6), because
it works on OS 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4 (and any PC's I
encounter), whereas Apple have made it impossible to
use the latest Safari if you are not using the latest
OS.

I would guess that the spinning pinwheels are an OS
problem. Anyway you don't say what machine you have,
how much memory, or which OS you are currently using.
That would be helpful.

I believe that one should always re-load the s/w on a
used machine. If you don't have a copy of the OS then
you should buy it (either used or new). If you have
enough ram you can run Tiger well on a G4.

Cheers,
John