[G4] video card upgrade

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 20:40:11 PDT 2007

Mark,
one problem with the "AGP" is it's only a "x2" slot
while many cards are x4 or x8. The problem is not the
speed though, but the signal levels. You may damage a
x8 AGP card. I don't really know how much you should
spend on an upgrade, but getting one that will support
Quartz Extreme would probablyy be a good idea for not
much money. I'd look at eBay for a flashed PC card.
John
PS the only thing better than a 450Mhz G4 is two
450Mhz G4's (in the same box)! :-)