[G4] Firefox dmg install?

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 14:49:59 PDT 2007

Yup to both :-) but add:

Once you have dragged the icon to the applications
folder, and waited for it to finish copying, you
should click on the icon (in the apps folder) and drag
it to the dock.

It will then be available to launch from the dock.

BTW any icon in the dock that you do not regularly use
can be safely dragged to the trash. The application
will still be available in the apps folder, so you can
drag it back to the dock later if you want. That way
you can keep your dock uncluttered, and have all your
most used apps to hand.

Good luck,

John

--- Richard Klein <richspk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yup.  I'm pretty much re-stating what Brett already
> said, but after:
>    -   then it presents me with a screen with the
> Firefox icon,
>        a pointing arrow, and the Applications folder
> icon
> You should drag the Firefox icon onto the
> Applications folder icon and
> drop it there.
>
> --
> Rich
>
> On 9/12/07, Brett Caven <brettcaven at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Did you move the Firefox icon into the
> Applications folder... (the
> > most popular way to install apps on Mac OS X)...
> If you just double
> > click it, you are only running it from the disk
> image.
> > ---
> > -Brett
> >

> > On 12/Sep/07, at 5:13 PM, Fast Primes wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Folks,
> > >
> > > In attempting to install Firefox, I found myself
> having to re-
> > > install it all the time. Here's what I do:
> > >
> > >    -   click on the firefox--xyz.dmg file
> > >    -   the system works on this a few seconds
> > >    -   then it presents me with a screen with
> the Firefox icon,
> > >        a pointing arrow, and the Applications
> folder icon
> > >    -   clicking on the Firefox icon in the above
> box installs Firefox
> > >        in the dock with it bouncing a bit (until
> complete?)
> > >
> > > However, on powering up, Firefox is NOT in the
> dock (nor in the
> > > Applications folder)--neccessitating that I
> repeat the above steps!
> > > What am I doing wrong here?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > FP

> > > More photos; more messages; more whatever.
> Windows Live Hotmail -
> > > NOW with 5GB storage.
> http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?

locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_5G_0907