[G4] Mirror Drive on/off Button - Prone to Failure?

Robert A. Rosenberg hal9001 at panix.com
Mon Sep 17 15:11:43 PDT 2007

At 12:37 -0700 on 09/17/2007, jonny wrote about [G4] Mirror Drive
on/off Button - Prone to Failure?:

>A new project:
>
>I have a mirror drive, 1.25 dual MDD that I plan to use as my main machine.
>
>I'm having trouble getting the on/off switch on the mirror drive to
>turn it on every time.
>
>I can feel a subtle click (most of the time), but often, it won't
>turn on.  Right now I'm stuck.  I cannot get the MDD to turn on at
>all.  The machine has power.  And a new power supply.  OSX hardware
>utility tests 'Passed' all hardware components.
>
>Just finished cloning one machine to the other.  Running OSX 3.9.
>Cannot restart MDD with switch button.
>
>Is it possible the switch is the problem?
>
>Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jonny

If your Monitor is an Apple Flat Screen, try the On/Off button
located on the lower right side of the screen border (it is lit when
the computer is powered up). It is an alternative to the button on
the machine itself and acts as if the machine button was pressed/held.