[G4] G4 Tigers

G4List at listicath.co.uk G4List at listicath.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 06:14:24 PDT 2007

Hi Si,

I was in a similar situation, recently getting a 400MHz G4 PCI very
cheaply, but with the hard drive wiped.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend the company I bought OS X from, as
they've susequently disappeared.

If you're in need of extra USB ports (and an upgrade to USB 2.0),
since you're in the UK, I *can* recommend this from Maplin:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=33056&criteria=usb%20pci&
doy=29m9

Catalogue number A78AF if that link doesn't work, it's a USB 2.0 two-
port PCI card with a 3 port 3.5" drive bay. (Although the one I
picked up at my local Maplin has 3 ports on each, but I'm not
complaining!)

It was pretty straightforward to install in the Zip drive bay, even
without a manual for the Mac and  it works perfectly. (Although a fan-
boy would probably shriek at the sight of beige in the middle of all
that translucent blue ;)

Adrian