[G4] Re: G4 Upgrading Vrs New I-Mac

Crandon David tabdave at ca.rr.com
Sat Sep 29 08:43:26 PDT 2007

Hi Keith,

I'm an optometrist, so I've had lots of experience in this area.
About 30% of my patients are there directly because of CVS (computer
vision syndrome).

While you are correct in stating that you are in control of the
screen, it needs to be pointed out that the screen in not fully
adjustable in all directions. In addition, many peoples work stations
are such that there is no way to adjust everything to eliminate all
reflections. Reflections are the most common source of symptoms of
CVS. While windows are the worst source of glare, simply anything
reflecting in the screen (not just light sources) can cause eyestrain.

Apple made a mistake in going with glossy screens. They went with the
current market trends to sell more units, instead of going with what
is most ergonomically correct.

David Crandon