[G4] G4 Noise.

Chaim The Squirrel Keeper richspk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:10:03 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Pat Crowe <crowesnest at aapt.net.au> wrote:
> My 2002 Quicksilver 933 has the par-for-the-course fan noise problem.
>  However, I have noticed that as long as room temperature stays below 20C,
> the noise level is not that bad(?) but as the temperature rises, so does the
> noise level. Could it be that the fans in this Quicksilver automatically
> increase speed as things hot up?

It's certainly possible that the fans are controlled by a thermal
sensor, but I couldn't find any information about that.  I did find
some good articles on reducing fan noise in the Quicksilver, though.
Start at this page and also check out the related links at the bottom
of the page:
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/quicksilver_noise/quieting_quicksilver_noise.html

There are several fans in your Quicksilver.  The first order of
business is probably to figure out which fan(s) is making the most
noise.

--
Rich