[G4] Re: SATA

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 12:18:42 PDT 2008

Since you have FW800 built in why not try one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817716028

I bought one a while ago, and have two sata drives in it striped together. I use it for back-up, but it's fast enough that I can boot from it and not notice the difference (dual 450MHz G4 GE with FW800 pci card).

This way you can turn off and disconnect your backups. Use it with you next computer when you get it :-)