[G4] Gifted with a G4/500

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:44:25 PDT 2008

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:46:41 -0400, Christina Samuels wrote:
> > Tx for that resetting the PMU link. I'll give that a try.

Oh, by the way, here are a couple links for the battery:
$4.99+shipping from Other World Computing:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/BAA36VPRAM/
$17.99 from Radio Shack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104707
$9.99 from Radio Shack (with higher mAh rating!):
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2726113

What you want to look for is an "ER3S" battery.  Those are lithium
batteries, 3.6 volts, and the size is known as "1/2 AA"; they're
approximately 1/2 as long as a AA battery.  It looks like Apple used this
battery in all the Power Macs, and many more models, including the iMacs and
the IIGS.

--
Rich